Wingers in Texas getting nasty as amendment vote nears
Cherry Blossom Girl over at Live Journal posted this.
Found in my father’s car: he told me someone went up to his car while he was getting out of his driveway and threw this in the window. (Click to enlarge).
This crap is being passed out because of the marriage amendment battle going on in Texas. It’s on the ballot next week (11/8), and it would block gay and lesbian couples from marrying and prevent civil unions. The Right is desperate, and so now you see bullsh*t tactics like the above.
And in the news today, a young man was beaten in Brownsville, TX, simply because he has gay friends.
* Homo-hating TX Gov Rick Perry spams for marriage amendment votes
* TX bible beaters hold voter drive for marriage amendment, Rick Perry re-election
* Houston pols come out against marriage amendment
* Now here is a brave straight ally in Texas
* Texas gays denounce marriage amendment with ad
Thanks to Blender Val for the pointer.