Yet another AmTaliban org blathering over SCOTUS, ACLU
Yet another evangelical power-freak spouting crap, Don Swarthout: “Most people aren’t aware of the kinds of radical positions the ACLU takes. And almost no one knows that the ACLU is raking in your tax dollars to fund their legal war against traditional America. This investigation is all about exposing the ACLU and making their real agenda known to the American public.”
This groups are coming out of the woodwork like rats for garbage in the subway. How’s this name for another wingnut outfit: Christians Reviving America’s Values [CRAVE]. Anyway, here’s its latest press release, calling for Bush to appoint someone that will be the counterbalance to Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
On July 13th, 2005 at the National Press Club, a religious organization (representing over 100,000 Americans in all 50 states) will announce that it is:
1. Calling on President George W. Bush to nominate a conservative justice to counter
Bill Clinton’s appointment of former ACLU General Counsel
Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and;
2. Calling on Congress to hold hearings to expose the ACLU’s use of taxpayer money to fund its extremist agenda, and pass legislation to stop this practice.
Bill Clinton gave liberals a justice they could support by appointing ACLU General Counsel Ruth Bader Ginsburg back in 1993. The ACLU is a group that opposes displays of the Ten Commandments in public, opposes the words “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance, supports child pornography and defends the “free speech” rights of a criminal pedophile group. Even though Ginsburg worked for the extremist ACLU for years, most Senate Republicans acquiesced to her out of deference to the president’s constitutional authority to nominate justices.
Now President Bush has been elected twice — with the deciding votes by all accounts being cast by conservative Christians. It is imperative that he appoint a counterbalance to the pro-ACLU Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
…In addition, CRAVE is calling on Congress to hold immediate hearings to expose the ACLU’s use of taxpayer money to fund its extremist agenda, and pass legislation to stop this practice at once.
1. The city of San Diego handed over $950,000 in legal fees to the ACLU when they lost a legal battle over city support of the Boy Scouts, which the ACLU calls a “religious organization”.
2. The taxpayers of Alabama forked over $549,000 in legal fees to the ACLU and their allies after Chief Justice Roy Moore was forced out of office for displaying a Ten Commandments monument.
3. Loudoun County, Virginia taxpayers coughed up $106,918.25 in legal fees to the ACLU because public libraries were using computer software to keep children from viewing pornography. The ACLU actually got paid to force a county to supply children with pornography at the library!
4. Elkhart, Indiana gave up the fight for a Ten Commandments display on government property because they didn’t have the funds to compete with the ACLU’s taxpayer-funded lawyers (and even after Elkhart gave up the fight, a liberal judge still forced Elkhart to pay the ACLU $63,000!).
“Most people aren’t aware of the kinds of radical positions the ACLU takes. And almost no one knows that the ACLU is raking in your tax dollars to fund their legal war against traditional America. This investigation is all about exposing the ACLU and making their real agenda known to the American public,” said Don Swarthout, President of Christians Reviving America’s Values.
“Bill O’Reilly of Fox News Channel has called the ACLU ‘the most dangerous group in America.’ He is absolutely right,” said Swarthout. “Too many judges have distorted or ignored our First Amendment liberties. The ACLU knows they cannot get their agenda passed in Congress, so they impose their will on the American people through unelected, unaccountable judges. And they use American tax dollars to fund their extremist agenda. Our intent is simply to educate Americans about this threat to our Constitutional freedom, and convince Congress to act to protect us.”
Contact: Don Swarthout of Christians Reviving America’s Values, 859-219-1222 or 859-619-2811 (cell); Web: http://www.christians4america.com