No cleavage or wicked Abercrombie & Fitch at Bob Jones U.
Abercrombie & Fitch and its subsidiary Hollister have shown an unusual degree of antagonism to the name of Christ and an unusual display of wickedness in their promotions. In protest, we will not allow articles displaying their logos to be worn, carried, or displayed (even if covered or masked in some way).
As I perused the dress code, I took note of these amusements…
[As usual, you get off easy on the AmTaliban fashion front. 🙂]
* Hair must be cut in a traditional, conservative styleâ€“not shaved, spiked, tangled, or shelved. It may not be colored or highlighted. [I’m out of the loop…what is shelved hair?]
* Sideburns should not extend past the middle of the ear. Men are expected to remain clean-shaven.
* Necklaces, earrings, and bracelets are not permitted.
* Hats may not be worn indoors except in the gym.
* Men are not permitted to get tattoos or wear body piercings.
* Tops must be long enough that the midriff is never exposed.
* Necklines may come no lower than four fingers below the collarbone. [Do they have someone measuring boobage access?]
* Hemlines and slits or other openings should never come higher than the bottom of the knee.
* All dresses, skirts, pants, and shirts must be loose-fitting, having a minimum of three inches of ease at bust and hips. [No need to worry about panty lines at BJU!]
* Hairstyles should be neat, orderly, and feminine. Avoid cutting-edge fads and cuts so short that they take on a masculine look. [No dyke mullets or buzz cuts for you, babe!]
* Combat boots [!], hiking boots, or shoes that give this appearance are not permitted..
* Excessive makeup is not permitted. Earrings may be worn only in the lobe of the ear (maximum of two matched sets). All other types of body piercings are prohibited. [I’m surprised at the two sets of earrings – how mainstream!]
Oh, and if you think you can surf Chimpy’s internets at BJU, watch out — the email is restricted.
Email note: Due to the flood of objectionable content coming through outside email services, students may use only the filtered campus email system while on campus. Students may not access outside email services from the campus network
via Raw Story.