There is much chatter about how Kerry isn’t where we’d like on gay issues, that there isn’t much difference between Bush and Kerry.
I think folks need a reality check:
1) that hateful GOP platform;
2) the Mary Cheney embarrassment;
3) LCRs withholding an endorsement of BC04;
4) Rick Santorum and the rest of the FMA/gay-obsessed legislators;
5) all the gay hypocrites being exposed;
…no self-respecting gay voter should cast a vote BC04. That’s a vote for repression of their own civil rights. Gay Republicans cannot even hide behind the usual GOP fig leaf of “smaller government” since Bush has blown that out of the water.
And, we know that, if elected, Bush will attempt to pack the Supreme Court with those of like-minded political persuasion if there are retirements.
KE04 may not be all we want in a gay-positive ticket, but it sure as hell beats the alternative.